From: ······@comcon.kiev.ua
Subject: Troubles with Garnet under CLISP & ACL 4.3 for Linux
Hello, everybody!!!

I have received successfully compiled image of Garnet under
 CLISP and ACL 4.3, but I can not start of the real programs - Xlib
 informs on an error (bad file number). Linux 2.0.30 (RH 4.2)

Please, help!!! E-mail me to ······@comcon.kiev.ua...

Thanks for advance,

--victOr

From: Pierpaolo Bernardi
······@comcon.kiev.ua wrote:
: Hello, everybody!!!

: I have received successfully compiled image of Garnet under
:  CLISP and ACL 4.3, but I can not start of the real programs - Xlib
:  informs on an error (bad file number). Linux 2.0.30 (RH 4.2)

If you mean that you cannot restart a saved image, then the solution
is in the Opal manual. I don't have the manual handy, so I cannot give
you details.  I have used successfully Garnet with Clisp.  ACL has
bugs which cause Garnet to fail.

If you still cannot resolve the 'bad file number' mail me. I can send
you the exact steps required to save the image.

Poka,
Pierpaolo.

:       http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet