From: Jack Cheng
Subject: Novice: gcl and defclass in linux
Hi,

    I am just starting to learn lisp using gcl on linux and "LISP" 3rd by
Patrick Henry Winston. Everything is fine until I try object-oriented
feature like defclass. I checked
the info come with gcl and did find these symbols.

    Does anyone know what should I do to make that work or is it unsupported
under
gcl ?

Thanks,

Jack Cheng

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: Novice: gcl and defclass in linux
"Jack Cheng" <····@curriculum.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>     I am just starting to learn lisp using gcl on linux and "LISP" 3rd by
> Patrick Henry Winston. Everything is fine until I try object-oriented
> feature like defclass. I checked
> the info come with gcl and did find these symbols.
>
>     Does anyone know what should I do to make that work or is it unsupported
> under
> gcl ?

You need to get PCL for gcl.  Should be available from the same place
you got gcl.  PCL adds CLOS (defclass and friends).

Alternatively, you can also use CLISP, which already includes CLOS.

Ray
From: Jack Cheng
I have downloaded clisp and all seems work fine. I can
continue my study now ...

Thanks for the help!

Jack