From: George Lee
Subject: 24 bit color in allegro?
        I have been looking at the allegro common graphics for a while.  And
I can't seem display 24 bit color images.  Currently I have managed to get 8
bit images to work but I hate working with palettes.  My gut feeling is that
since windows internally supports DIB's (device independent bitmaps) which can
be true-color, that should mean that it should have taken Franz like all of 38
seconds to implement 24 bit color pixmaps. But I still have not found a way to
do this.  So does anyone have a clue on how to do this or will I have to
mangle my way through the win32api again <ouch, ouch, ouch>....

thanks

(?x (user    '(george lee))
    (e-mail  '(·····@nwu.edu))
    (phone   '(847-733-9240))
    (address '(2149 Sherman))
    (quote   '(i am not i am)))
From: Francis Leboutte
Subject: Re: 24 bit color in allegro?
·····@nwu.edu (George Lee) wrote:

>        I have been looking at the allegro common graphics for a while.  And
>I can't seem display 24 bit color images.  Currently I have managed to get 8
>bit images to work but I hate working with palettes.  My gut feeling is that
>since windows internally supports DIB's (device independent bitmaps) which can
>be true-color, that should mean that it should have taken Franz like all of 38
>seconds to implement 24 bit color pixmaps. But I still have not found a way to
>do this.  So does anyone have a clue on how to do this or will I have to
>mangle my way through the win32api again <ouch, ouch, ouch>....

BTW could you tell me how can I find the RGB values that correspond to the
colors present in a 256 system colors palette (in order to define a common
graphics palette)? What is wrong with palettes? (I have never worked with)

Francis

--
Francis Leboutte
··········@skynet.be ········@acm.org  http://users.skynet.be/algo