From: Aaron Sloman see below for email address
Subject: HTML version of the Pop-11 Primer
As requested by some recipients of my previous posting about the Pop-11
primer, I have used latex2html to convert the latex to html and put the
result in

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/primer/START.html

Pop-11 is an incrementally compiled language with most of the features
of Common Lisp but a more familiar (Pascal like) syntax. It also uses an
open stack for procedure arguments and results (like Forth). The primer
is intended for readers with some programming experience, but does not
give full information about the language.

As previously announced the following additional versions of the
Pop11 Primer are avilable in Birminhgam Poplog FTP directory

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/teach/primer    602004 bytes
        Directly browsable plain text

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/primer.gz       195386 bytes
        Compressed version of the above

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/primer.ps.gz    412327 bytes
        compressed postscript file. Prints as 298 pages of A4

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/primer2.ps.gz   418515 bytes
        compressed postscript file. Prints two pages per A4 sheet.
        149 pages.

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/primer.tex.gz   193925 bytes
        compressed latex source for the postscript version. Edit if
        you want something that prints on US paper.
        You will also need this file:

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/popmodel.eps    17482 bytes
        eps file produced by TGIF used for the diagram of the model.

The main change since the 1996 version of the Primer is that there a new
section describing a "minimal model" of the Pop-11 virtual machine, with
a diagram showing the dictionary, the heap, the procedure call stack,
the user stack and input/output channels (e.g. for things like readline
and printing).

For more information see
    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/README

The RCLIB package has been extended since I last posted an announcement.
The news file is
    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/rclib/help/rclib_news

Aaron
===
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )
EMAIL A.Sloman at cs.bham.ac . uk
From: David Ness
Subject: Re: HTML version of the Pop-11 Primer
I searched the document you refer to for a FAQ, and couldn't find
the answer to the question:
Is there a version of POP-11 that runs under NT?

Cay you help?