From: Olivier S. Masse
Subject: Decent Windows Text Editor for Lisp
Hello,

I'd like to know if any of you have any suggestions for
a windows editor that highlights corresponding "( )" in order
to simplify debugging. Nedit does that with X, but I need one
for Windows.

Thanks in advance!

P.S: Please remove "nospam-" from the beginning of my address
when replying.

Olivier S. Masse                       Management Computing,
········@interlinx.qc.ca               University of Sherbrooke
http://www.interlinx.qc.ca/~parallax   ·······@dmi.usherb.ca

From: Donald Fisk
Subject: Re: Decent Windows Text Editor for Lisp
Olivier S. Masse wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know if any of you have any suggestions for
> a windows editor that highlights corresponding "( )" in order
> to simplify debugging. Nedit does that with X, but I need one
> for Windows.
>
> Thanks in advance!

The one that comes with XLispStat does parenthesis matching,
is free, and runs on Windows 95, but it's currently in the
doghouse as it crashed on me today.   Save early and save often.

XLispStat is on the WWW at
http://stat.umn.edu/~luke/xls/xlsinfo/xlsinfo.html

--
Le Hibou (mo bheachd fhe/in: my own opinion)
"What the ... This is Lambic!   Where's my culture of amoebic
From: Ian Garmaise
On Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:25:02 -0500, "Olivier S. Masse"
<········@interlinx.qc.ca> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'd like to know if any of you have any suggestions for
>a windows editor that highlights corresponding "( )" in order
>to simplify debugging. Nedit does that with X, but I need one
>for Windows.

I use Notgnu Emacs (a free download, available from shareware.com).
It's a lightweight version of emacs, not really programmable, but very
reliable.  It comes in 32bit and 16 bit windows versions, and a dos
version too.

Ian

----------------
Ian

Please send replies to iang<atsign>cris<dohtt>com.
Note that this address is modified to reduce spam.

Don't forget to replace the <atsign> and the <dohtt> in
my address if replying by email
From: Christopher Stacy
From: stephen robert hitchcox
for a small editor try"visual lisp", available as shareware or free
ware on web.  check out Xarch by searching for autocad and autolisp on
altavista.  this system is limited to about 30 k per file.  there is
also a win 95/nt editor referenced there with a free trial for one
month, $50 american if you want full sys

s.r. hitchcox ·······@ica.net