From: SpLiT
Subject: Interleaf Lisp - Name Head Navigation (1st Post of '98 !)
Hi all and Happy New Year.

I've got a lisp function that counts the number of tables in a
document.  The easiest way to do this is to look in the name pool
for doc-table-class and check the table name heads (i.e. unique
tables) and see if each of these has any children, if it does
then count them and produce a total of the number of children in
each of the table name heads to find the total number of tables
in the document.  Easy.

When I check the table name pool for a particular document that
contains 4 local tables I find that there is only 1 name head in
the name pool and this does not have a master or any children.
This is becuase the table is exported from a catalog (just the
name head name and id info are stored in the document) but doing
(tell th mid:get-next) should return a local table name head.

Very strange 8-(

I entered the following using Read-Evaluation in the document:

(setq tp (name-find-pool doc-table-class))

  Value: #<doc-name-pool 200bc00>

(setq th (tell tp mid:get-child))

  Value: #<doc-name-head 200bdb0>

(tell th mid:get-child :along :name)

  Value: nil

(tell th mid:get-child :along :structure)

  Value: nil

(tell th mid:is-empty)

  Value: t

;; ok, this one is a table exported from a catalog
;; with no instance in the document so we carry on

(tell th mid:get-next)

  Value: nil

;; this should have returned a local table name head

From this it seems that there are no tables in the document.

Any ideas ?

I'm using Interleaf 6.3.0-003 on Windows NT 4 and obtained the
information on navigating name pools from the Interleaf 5 Lisp
Reference Manuals.  I know this is the correct method as I've
used it loads of times before.

Shukas,
 SpLiT.

| Guy Hall (SpLiT)               | email: ········@gecm.com.no.spam |
| Mission Avionics Division      | phone: (+44) 01634 844400 x5009  |
| GEC-Marconi Avionics Limited   | tlink: ······@··@csd06v (GMAv)   |
| Remove no.spam to return email | g-net: 791-5009 (GMAv)           |
| Did you know when you're not looking, mushrooms go Ftang, Ftang ? |