From: P. Srinivas
Subject: CLIM HELP
Hi all,

I have been trying to locate a multiple selection MENU function in
CLIM but failed. All I got was CLIM:MENU-CHOOSE which allows
only one element to be selected. I want to be able to select
a subset of elements from the list of elements. I was wondering
if there is any such thing in CLIM at all, or should I be using
some other mechanism for it.

Thanks for the help.

srini
--------------------
Srinivas Palthepu                       Email: ·····@cs.usask.ca
ARIES laboratory,                      Phones: (306) 966-8654 (lab)
Department of Computer Science,                (306) 966-4759 (office)
University of Saskatchewan,                    (306) 373-6724 (home)
57 Campus Dr, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5A9      Fax: (306) 966-4884

From: Sunil Mishra
Subject: Re: CLIM HELP
In article <············@tribune.usask.ca> ·····@sparkle.usask.ca (P. Srinivas) writes:

   Hi all,

   I have been trying to locate a multiple selection MENU function in
   CLIM but failed. All I got was CLIM:MENU-CHOOSE which allows
   only one element to be selected. I want to be able to select
   a subset of elements from the list of elements. I was wondering
   if there is any such thing in CLIM at all, or should I be using
   some other mechanism for it.

   Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking, but if you want something that
simply allows you to choose a set of items from a list (a multiple
selection dialog) have a look at:

http://www.harlequin.com/education/books/CLIM-2.0/GUID_184.HTM

Sunil
From: Nick Levine
You'll get quicker results posting CLIM questions to ····@bbn.com.
You can join by posting to ············@bbn.com - I believe you just
put a "subscribe" in the subject line and it'll do it automagically.

Srinivas) wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have been trying to locate a multiple selection MENU function in
>CLIM but failed. All I got was CLIM:MENU-CHOOSE which allows
>only one element to be selected. I want to be able to select
>a subset of elements from the list of elements. I was wondering
>if there is any such thing in CLIM at all, or should I be using
>some other mechanism for it.

First thing that occurs to me is to use accepting-values :own-window
and accept your list of elements as something of type subset-sequence:

  (accepting-values
      (<calling-application-frame>
        :own-window T
        :label "Choose some")