From: Laurent Verhoest
Subject: Help with A* algorithm
        Hi all

    I am working now on an algorithm (I have to
implemetn further in Lisp), which is the A* : but
I can't find on the web a precise description of
what it does.

    All I know is that it has an heuristic to
choose the best way to the goal by evaluating the
distance to it. But I don't know if this heuristic
needs conditions to work (majoration, ...).

    Moreover, The second part f my job is to
implement it in Lisp in two cases : I know the
problem exactely (classical logic), and then all
distances are approximatives, just known as ranges
(vague logic) ...

    Could anyone help me (description of A*, good
Url, ect) ? Thanks a lot !

                Laurent.

--
Laurent Verhoest
French Student (Sup�lec)
From: Kevin Goodier
Subject: Re: Help with A* algorithm
You might try looking at

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~russell/code/doc/overview.html

for good LISP ideas.  These are the pages that go along with my AI book
(sorry, forget name, it's the Russell and Norvig one), and it has some
good generic code -- I found IDA* in there.  I would think they'd also
have A*..

In article <·················@ese-metz.fr>, ········@ese-metz.fr says...
>         Hi all
>
>     I am working now on an algorithm (I have to
> implemetn further in Lisp), which is the A* : but
> I can't find on the web a precise description of
> what it does.
>
>     All I know is that it has an heuristic to
> choose the best way to the goal by evaluating the
> distance to it. But I don't know if this heuristic
> needs conditions to work (majoration, ...).
>
>     Moreover, The second part f my job is to
> implement it in Lisp in two cases : I know the
> problem exactely (classical logic), and then all
> distances are approximatives, just known as ranges
> (vague logic) ...

     Kevin Goodier
     ····@cec.wustl.edu
     http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~bkg2/