From: Graham Hughes
Subject: Compiler tools for Common Lisp?

From: Maurizio Vitale
Subject: Re: Compiler tools for Common Lisp?
Graham Hughes <·············@resnet.ucsb.edu> writes:

> BTW, I know analogous packages exist in profusion for Scheme; I'd like
> to use Common Lisp, though.  If all else fails, I suppose I could
> write the compiler in two parts, which communicate through sexps, but
> that seems ugly.

An option would be to rewrite the generated scheme into Common Lisp.
You probably don't need very many macros for doing it.
(At CMU there's also an embedding of scheme into Common Lisp which
might be useful to look at)

	Maurizio
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <··············@oak.treepeople.dyn.ml.org>, Graham Hughes
<·············@resnet.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> I'm interested in doing some compiler work, and since I'm sick to
> death of Java and C++, I'd like to do it in Common Lisp.  Indeed, I
> can see many wonderful things that I could do in the backend that
> would be more difficult in more primitive languages ;-).
>
> Unfortunately, I can't find a lexer/parser analogue.  The CMU AI
> repository has a couple of parsers, and the lalr.cl is reasonably
> close to what I want on the parser end of things.  But there's no
> matching lexer, nor any real mention of one; I assume it was meant to
> be used in concert with read.
>
> Is there anywhere I could find such a beast?  Apologies if this is a
> FAQ; rtfm.mit.edu didn't have the Lisp FAQs when I checked.
>
> BTW, I know analogous packages exist in profusion for Scheme; I'd like
> to use Common Lisp, though.  If all else fails, I suppose I could
> write the compiler in two parts, which communicate through sexps, but
> that seems ugly.

Have you looked at the Zebu system?

A version can be get from ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/mcl/contrib/ .

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/
From: Harvey J. Stein
Graham Hughes <·············@resnet.ucsb.edu> writes:

> I'm interested in doing some compiler work, and since I'm sick to
> death of Java and C++, I'd like to do it in Common Lisp.  Indeed, I
> can see many wonderful things that I could do in the backend that
> would be more difficult in more primitive languages ;-).
>
> Unfortunately, I can't find a lexer/parser analogue.  The CMU AI
> repository has a couple of parsers, and the lalr.cl is reasonably
> close to what I want on the parser end of things.  But there's no
> matching lexer, nor any real mention of one; I assume it was meant to
> be used in concert with read.

I know you want to use common lisp and not scheme, but Bigloo (a
scheme implementation) has built in lex & yacc equivalents.

--
Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research