From: Marc Mertens
Subject: C interface to GCL anc CLISP Common Lisp's
Hello ,

            I have the following questions concerning GCL and CLISP .
I'm trying to use LISP  in a
client server system , LISP  beeing the server. The client must be able
to send a command to lisp
which then will be executed on LISP , in some cases the LISP system must
also be able to send
commands to the client.

1. How do you call C functions from withing LISP.
2. How do you call LISP from within C in such a way that the LISP system
is still able to
    process the toploop. I'm thinking of using signals in a C-function
which then call's a LISP
    function but I don't known if this is save for garbage collection.
For GCL it should be possible
    because the TCL/TK subsystem is dooing this but I can't figure out
how, I don't know if it
    is possible at all for CLISP.

All help will be very welcome.

Marc Mertens