From: Dennis Shinn
Subject: Re: SLICE Command in  R14 gets carried away
Greetings

"Ray Paganini" <·······@pagdevteam.com> posted the following

>Lispers,

>We are using the SLICE command in an AutoCad R14 AutoLISP Routine.  The
>SLICE command seems to SLICE a bit more than what it should.

>When we SLICE planking on a Deck, it takes some planking next to it.

>Does anyone know of a fix and/or seen this happen

Chances are (might be) that the planking has been processed with another
solids boolean command that has for one reason or another unioned or
otherwise caused them to become defined as a composite solid rather than
two unique objects. You can, as an experiment, take to solids separated by
some distance so as not to be touching and union them in which case they
will 'list' as a single object. This being the case, if you slice one piece
of planking in the deck, the unioned piece will be sliced as well.

Also could be it that you are indadvertently selecting the other pieces as
well in addition to the original?

With respect to the first situation, I found out the hard way; Using the
path option I very quickly created a 'skirt' board for the base of some
siding around a house. Then I had to cut out a portion later on and found
that slicing the solid on one elevation ended up slicing it all the way
through to the other side as well.

Whether either of these is what's causing your problem or not ....? but
once I understood that the slice extends to infinity in every direction at
the slicing plane I found it easier to manage the command.