From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: read-sequence & ACL
In article <··············@eho.eaglets.com>,
Sam Steingold  <···@goems.com> wrote:
>`read-sequence' is under-specified: it is unclear whether it reads bytes
>or chars, so ACL5 refuses to read-sequence from a socket to a vector of

I would expect it to read whatever the stream's element type is, which must
be compatible with the element type of the sequence.

That's what I wrote about a month ago, when you brought up this same issue
(I found replies from me and Erik on DejaNews, but not your original post
-- do you use x-no-archive?)

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
Don't bother cc'ing followups to me.