From: Harrie Hoenjet
Subject: Conway' s Game of Life
Hi Lispfans,

I'm trying to code Conway�s game of Life.
I need some help on the graphics. Is it possible to make a, say 10 x 10 grid
in Lisp?
How do I do this?

Thanks for helping
·········@inter.NL.net

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Conway' s Game of Life
In article <············@koza.nl.net>,
Harrie Hoenjet <·········@inter.NL.net> wrote:
>I'm trying to code Conway�s game of Life.
>I need some help on the graphics. Is it possible to make a, say 10 x 10 grid
>in Lisp?

Graphics are implementation-dependent, so you must specify what Lisp and OS
you're using.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
Don't bother cc'ing followups to me.
From: Harrie Hoenjet
Hi Barry,
Thanks for your reply.
I�m using  Harlequin Lispworks 4.1
Harrie Hoenjet (·········@inter.NL.net

From: Bob Manjoney
LW Windows 4.1 has a sample app in the distribution simulating the game
"Othello" which uses a grid as the basis for the board layout.  You should
check out the source for ideas..It uses Harlequin's CAPI for the
GUI/Graphics.

Regards,
Bob Manjoney

From: Erkki Purola
Harrie Hoenjet wrote:

> Hi Lispfans,
>
> I'm trying to code Conway�s game of Life.
> I need some help on the graphics. Is it possible to make a, say 10 x 10 grid
> in Lisp?
> How do I do this?
>
> Thanks for helping
> ·········@inter.NL.net

  It is recommered to code game to XEmacs.
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <·················@pp.inet.fi>, Erkki Purola
<············@pp.inet.fi> wrote:

> Harrie Hoenjet wrote:
>
> > Hi Lispfans,
> >
> > I'm trying to code Conway�s game of Life.
> > I need some help on the graphics. Is it possible to make a, say 10 x 10 grid
> > in Lisp?
> > How do I do this?
> >
> > Thanks for helping
> > ·········@inter.NL.net
>
>   It is recommered to code game to XEmacs.

On the Symbolics Lisp machine just do "Run Demonstration Life".

;-)

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig