From: INZTRUKT
Subject: Anyone familiar with lisp compiler gcl on LINUX?
Yes I need some help getting started with both gcl and its info
documentation  on linux. Any directions?

From: Michael Charles Smith
INZTRUKT (········@cris.com) wrote:
: Yes I need some help getting started with both gcl and its info
: documentation  on linux. Any directions?

NB- A URL where one might download this from would also be cool.

--

			-Michael Charles Smith (·······@cc.gatech.edu)

NB- Presence of this signature is not necesarily a guarantee that I am
the sender of this email. For secure or personal email, send to
·········@goetic-arts.org.
From: Kenneth P. Turvey
On 2 Jan 1999 16:49:07 GMT, Michael Charles Smith <·······@cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>INZTRUKT (········@cris.com) wrote:
>: Yes I need some help getting started with both gcl and its info
>: documentation  on linux. Any directions?
>
>NB- A URL where one might download this from would also be cool.

I recently downloaded a copy from ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/systems/gnu

I believe that is correct.  If not, I'm sure you can find it on the
wuarchive system.  (Note: the documentation comes with the source code.)

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <·······@SprocketShop.com>

The constitution, on this hypothesis, is a mere thing of wax in the
hands of the Judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form
they please.
	-- Thomas Jefferson
From: Sanchita Nag
Subject: Newbie ?, clisp error message...
 Hello,

 What is the basic cause of the following:

 "....an object cannot start with #\)"

  After I put some code through the clisp loop??

    -S

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Newbie ?, clisp error message...
In article <········································@polaris.umuc.edu>,
Sanchita Nag  <····@polaris.umuc.edu> wrote:
> What is the basic cause of the following:
>
> "....an object cannot start with #\)"
>
>  After I put some code through the clisp loop??

Unbalanced parentheses, specifically too many close parens, I believe.

P.S. Why did you post this as a followup in the thread about gcl?  Doesn't
your newsreader have a command to post a message that's not a followup?

P.P.S. The above was a rhetorical question, please don't send me the
answer.  Obviously the reason is because you didn't know any better.  Now
you do.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
Don't bother cc'ing followups to me.
From: Marc Mertens
Michael Charles Smith wrote:

> INZTRUKT (········@cris.com) wrote:
> : Yes I need some help getting started with both gcl and its info
> : documentation  on linux. Any directions?
>
> NB- A URL where one might download this from would also be cool.
>
> --
>
>                         -Michael Charles Smith (·······@cc.gatech.edu)
>
> NB- Presence of this signature is not necesarily a guarantee that I am
> the sender of this email. For secure or personal email, send to
> ·········@goetic-arts.org.
I think the latest version (gcl-2.3-beta) is found at
ftp://ftp.ma.utexas.edu/pub/gcl

Hopes this helps

Mertens Marc
········@akam.be