From: Erkki Purola
Subject: Lisp to C (again)
 I will ask this again.. Can I translate lisp to C with GNU Common Lisp?
Do I have
to write any header-files or something..?  And, does XEmacs  even create
executables?
I know, there's no need to create executables from Lisp-code becuase of
porting..
But I think it would be great.

·······@hotmail.com
From: Dobes Vandermeer
Subject: Re: Lisp to C (again)
Erkki Purola wrote:

>  I will ask this again.. Can I translate lisp to C with GNU Common Lisp?

Thats all it does, AFAIK.  If you pass it the righ options it will do
what you want.

> Do I have
> to write any header-files or something..?

Read its documentation.

> And, does XEmacs  even create
> executables?

No.  EMacs has no use for executables.. all EMacs code requires the
Emacs environment to run.

> I know, there's no need to create executables from Lisp-code becuase of
> porting..

Well, the real reason people dont gereate code is because its a real
pain in the a** to compile things like code that generates more code,
and self-modifying code.  The only way to do so, is to include the
funcions that do the compiling with the code.. and then you just have
pre-interpreted stuff with the interpreter included.. kinda like emacs
bundled with some emacs code.