From: ·······@ifi.ntnu.no
Subject: CLIM
Hi, Im trying to put an interface on top of some games, which are now
playable, but only with asci interface. I have made all the graphics for the
games, but I have some problems. Now, when the program want the user to
interact, it asks for the user to type in some coords, or some digits - I
want to change this so that at the same time as the user should enter the
digits, he should now click on the board - for desired "move". I have build
interfaces for my games, which work just fine - until the integration with
the game.

I have defined
(clim:define-presentation-action print-game-brick
      (clim:blank-area nil othello :gesture :select)
      (x y)
      (print-brick clim:*application-frame* x y "black"))

which is called when I click on the board...
How can I make the program wait for mouse input so that the code over can be
used to set the value of coord-list, which know get its valus when enter is
push after the coord are pushed in ?

(format t "~%Please, enter your coordinates (X Y Z): ")
(setf coord-list (read)) ????

Is this the right way to solve this problem, or is there an another and better
way ?

thanks for your time,
�yvind

From: Mike McDonald
Subject: Re: CLIM
In article <············@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
	·······@ifi.ntnu.no writes:

> I have defined
> (clim:define-presentation-action print-game-brick
>       (clim:blank-area nil othello :gesture :select)
>       (x y)
>       (print-brick clim:*application-frame* x y "black"))
>
> which is called when I click on the board...
> How can I make the program wait for mouse input so that the code over can be
> used to set the value of coord-list, which know get its valus when enter is
> push after the coord are pushed in ?
>
> (format t "~%Please, enter your coordinates (X Y Z): ")
> (setf coord-list (read)) ????
>
> Is this the right way to solve this problem, or is there an another and better
> way ?

  Instead of using READ, you want to use ACCEPT. It'll either read in typed
coordinates or let the use click on any presented coords. (You'll probably
need a converter from brcks to coordinates.)

  Mike McDonald
  ·······@mikemac.com