From: Joe Chan
Subject: Books for Lisp and AI
Any recommendations for general introductory level Lisp books and
books on artificial intelligence. I've never used Lisp but I have a
resonable knowledge of Visual Basic and a little Pascal and Perl.

Thanks

From: David Bakhash
Subject: Re: Books for Lisp and AI
·········@hotmail.com (Joe Chan) writes:

> Any recommendations for general introductory level Lisp books and
> books on artificial intelligence. I've never used Lisp but I have a
> resonable knowledge of Visual Basic and a little Pascal and Perl.

Peter Norvig's book would be helpful.  I don't think you need to do
Lisp _and_ AI simultaneously.  though I think Lisp is a good language
for AI, I think that's it's probably better to separate the two.

In any case, if you'll be using Lisp, then I'd just throw away
whatever lessons you've learned from things like Perl, and even VB.
Just start from scratch.  Lisp is quite different from those others
mentioned above.  It's not a kludge, and not a hack.

dave
From: Oscar A. Chappel
Try this URL.  I have found several good references here.
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~ungar/CIS520/lisp.refs.html
Oscar Chappel (········@aol.com)