From: Thomas A. Russ
Subject: Re: consing
Duane Rettig <·····@franz.com> writes:

> USER(3): (time (foo))
> ; cpu time (non-gc) 0 msec user, 0 msec system
> ; cpu time (gc)     0 msec user, 0 msec system
> ; cpu time (total)  0 msec user, 0 msec system
> ; real time  18 msec
> ; space allocation:
> ;  0 cons cells, 0 symbols, 32 other bytes, 0 static bytes

Just for completeness, I would also note that the 32 other bytes (in
Allegro Cl) is storage overhead from the TIME function itself.  You can
see this by doing an empty call to time:

 (time ())

In other lisps there may be other values for the storage overhead, so if
you really want to have precise numbers, it pays to look at the null
case first.