From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: LISP, acronym for List Processing...
http://encarta.msn.com/index/conciseindex/46/046EF000.htm?z=1&pg=2&br=1

 LISP, acronym for List Processing, a computer programming language developed
 from 1959 to 1960, used primarily to manipulate lists of data. LISP was a
 departure from the procedural languages ( FORTRAN, ALGOL) then being
 developed; it is an interpreted language in which every expression is a list of
 calls to functions. LISP continues to be heavily used in research and academia
 and has been considered the standard language for artificial intelligence
 research, although Prolog has made inroads into that field.

This is the "concise" version. I wonder whether the "Deluxe" version
is better?

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig
From: Chuck Fry
Subject: Re: LISP, acronym for List Processing...
OK, so who do we contact at Microsloth to get this definition fixed?
 -- Chuck

In article <·······················@pbg3.lavielle.com>,
Rainer Joswig <······@lavielle.com> wrote:
>http://encarta.msn.com/index/conciseindex/46/046EF000.htm?z=1&pg=2&br=1
>
> LISP, acronym for List Processing, a computer programming language developed
> from 1959 to 1960, used primarily to manipulate lists of data. LISP was a
> departure from the procedural languages ( FORTRAN, ALGOL) then being
> developed; it is an interpreted language in which every expression is a list of
> calls to functions. LISP continues to be heavily used in research and academia
> and has been considered the standard language for artificial intelligence
> research, although Prolog has made inroads into that field.
--
	    Chuck Fry -- Jack of all trades, master of none
 ······@chucko.com (text only please)  ········@home.com (MIME enabled)