From: Kenji Konaka
Subject: Lisp - DCOM bridge
hi All,

have anyone heard of any (object oriented) lisp system with DCOM (that is, ...of windows)
interface?
just give me any pointers, thank you.

kenji -www2.mozcom.com/~kkonaka

From: Chris Double
Subject: Re: Lisp - DCOM bridge
Kenji Konaka wrote in message ...
>have anyone heard of any (object oriented) lisp system with DCOM (that is,
...of windows)
>interface?

I believe both Franz and Harlequin have Lisp systems that allow you to call
COM objects. I know franz do for sure - I'm pretty sure Harlequin would. The
shareware Corman lisp allows you to call COM objects as well. I guess if
they can call COM then it works with DCOM...

Try these links:
http://www.franz.com
http://www.harlequin.com
http://www.corman.net

Chris.
From: Bruce Tobin
Chris Double wrote:

> Kenji Konaka wrote in message ...
> >have anyone heard of any (object oriented) lisp system with DCOM (that is,
> ...of windows)
> >interface?
>
> I believe both Franz and Harlequin have Lisp systems that allow you to call
> COM objects.

And to create COM objects.

> I know franz do for sure - I'm pretty sure Harlequin would.

Harlequin Dylan certainly does; don't know about their Lisp, but I wouldn't be
surprised.

> The
> shareware Corman lisp allows you to call COM objects as well.

Can it create them as well?
From: Philip Lijnzaad
·······@iwiphil.com (Kenji Konaka) writes:

> hi All,
>
> have anyone heard of any (object oriented) lisp system with DCOM (that is, ...of windows)
> interface?

Avaunt! I mean, DCOM is generally perceived as technically inferior to CORBA,
and practically much less mature. Both Allegro and Harlequin seem to be
working on CORBA support for their products; once that's in place, you could
use the CORBA/COM connectivity from some of the ORB vendors. Just my � 0.02,

                                                                      Philip
--
Java's magic number (try od -x Some.class | head) is CAFEBABE. Is Java sexist?
Philip Lijnzaad, ········@ebi.ac.uk | European Bioinformatics Institute
From: David Steuber "The Interloper
On 08 Dec 1998 01:38:41 GMT, ·······@iwiphil.com (Kenji Konaka)
claimed or asked:

% have anyone heard of any (object oriented) lisp system with DCOM (that is, ...of windows)
% interface?
% just give me any pointers, thank you.

int* pi;
long* pl;
double* pdbl;

That should be enough pointers. <smack!>

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your
destiny.  Consume you it will.  Go with CORBA instead.

Like you have a choice.

--
David Steuber (ver 1.31.3a)
http://www.david-steuber.com