From: Rob
Subject: GET function in LISP
Hello there,
 Can someone please explain to me how the GET
function operates, I need to know how it operates for
a college project I'm doing.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Rob
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: GET function in LISP
In article <················@news1.tinet.ie>, Rob <···········@tinet.ie> wrote:
>Hello there,
> Can someone please explain to me how the GET
>function operates, I need to know how it operates for
>a college project I'm doing.

Every symbol has an associated property list, which is an alternating list
of keys and values.  (get symbol key) scans the symbol's property list
looking for a key that's EQL to the key parameter, and returns the
following value.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
Don't bother cc'ing followups to me.