From: David Cooper
Subject: Photos from LUGM 40th anniversary
I took some digital photographs (not very good quality though) of
some personalities from the conference, including:

John McCarthy, Richard Gabriel, Paul Graham, John Mallery,
Erik Naggum, Howard Stearns, some of the Franz engineers,
sales babes, etc.

I'm hesitant to post them anywhere with a link to them, because
of privacy issues -- any opinions? I suppose I could try tracking
all these people down by email and asking their permission...
or maybe it's no big deal and I shouldn't worry about it and
just post them.

Anyway, in the meantime, if you want to take a look let me know.

  #8>|  -djc

From: David Cooper
Subject: Re: Photos from LUGM 40th anniversary (apology)
I must apologize for a poor choice of words which may have been
perceived as a casual attitude or perhaps lack of respect for the
Franz sales staff.

 I have nothing but the highest respect for all the Franz people,
including the sales staff who are highly professional but very
friendly and personable at the same time, that is the affectionate
sentiment I was really trying to get across with my message.
Referring to them as ``babes'' obviously was a careless and
inaccurate choice of words.

 I also place *anyone* involved in the Lisp community on the
highest pedestal, and frankly, without that community and companies
like Franz (especially Franz), I would not have much of a life.

 I hope anyone who has seen my original posting can look at it
in this light.

  Dave Cooper
From: Reini Urban
Subject: Re: Photos from LUGM 40th anniversary
David Cooper <········@genworks.com> wrote:
>I took some digital photographs (not very good quality though) of
>some personalities from the conference, including:
>
>John McCarthy, Richard Gabriel, Paul Graham, John Mallery,
>Erik Naggum, Howard Stearns, some of the Franz engineers,
>sales babes, etc.

i'm particulary interested in paul graham and the sales babes, esp.
stephens japanese wife and the tall black :)
---
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/news/faq/autolisp.html
From: Howard R. Stearns
Subject: ALU meeting and LUGM 40th anniversary
The ALU conference page
(http://www.elwood.com/alu/table/conferences.htm) gives
http://www.franz.com/lugm98/conference/index.html as the source of
information about the conference (speakers, paper abstracts, etc.)
Franz and the ALU may try to work out some way to get more of the
conference content on-line.

The conference page also indicates that the notes of the Association of
Lisp Users Meeting held at the conference are available at
http://www.elwood.com/alu/luv/98/alu-minutes.text