From: Olin Shivers
Subject: Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!
Just a reminder that we will be launching the ICFP functional programming
contest this Thursday (August 27) at 5:00 pm Eastern Time (which is 23:00
UTC). The contest will last 3 days, and is open to anyone. You can
pre-register for the contest and find out more at the contest web site:
    http://www.ai.mit.edu/extra/icfp-contest/

I have appended the original contest announcement post of April 22nd to
this one.

Oil the treadmill bearings and feed your squirrels; check the LN2 levels in
the cooling dewars; limber up your hands and pop your ibuprofen; stock
up on the French roast and double-check the grinder settings, because it'll
all kick loose on Thursday!
    -Your friendly contest maniacs
     Olin & Marc

Subject: Announcing the ICFP'98 functional language programming contest!
Date: 22 Apr 1998 15:24:16 GMT

We'd like to announce the upcoming ICFP'98 functional language programming
contest. We've put it together to give functional-language hackers and
language implementors a chance to show off their chops. If you think you
are a great Scheme hacker, or you believe that Haskell is the wave...
or SML... or Dylan... then we invite you to participate in the contest.
Here's a quick precis of the contest:

    - It's open to all players. Teams are allowed.

    - There are prizes: cash, wisdom, peer recognition, and various
      degrees of satisfaction. Special prizes have been allocated for
      student winners.

    - The web page is http://www.ai.mit.edu/extra/icfp-contest/
      Full details are here.

    - It starts August 27 at 5 pm, and will run for 3 days.
      But you will want to register now, set up your team,
      and perhaps do a little preparation.

    - Winners to be announced at the 1998 International Conference
      on Functional Programming (ICFP) in Baltimore at the end
      of September.

The contest was principally designed by Marc Feeley, Olin Shivers, and Matthias
Felleisen. Feel free to remail this announcement to interested parties.

Good luck!
    -Olin, Marc, and Matthias