From: Dave Han
Subject: Any way to synchronize functions in lisp?
Hi,
I'm trying to use Lisp (ACL 5.0) and Java together with CORBA using the
ILU orb from xerox parc.  I was wondering if there was any way to
synchronize methods in lisp (something like a classical producer
consumer model).  If there is, any example code snippets would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
David Han				HOME:(512) 479-8153
··········@lips.utexas.edu		LAB: (512) 471-5350

From: Dave Han
Subject: Re: Any way to synchronize functions in lisp?
Dave Han wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use Lisp (ACL 5.0)

sorry, I meant ACL 4.3 on RedHat Linux 5.0

From: Roos Van Raadshooven L.A. (Leon)
Dave Han <····@cadlips.ece.utexas.edu> writes:

>Hi,
>I'm trying to use Lisp (ACL 5.0) and Java together with CORBA using the
>ILU orb from xerox parc.  I was wondering if there was any way to
>synchronize methods in lisp (something like a classical producer
>consumer model).  If there is, any example code snippets would be
>greatly appreciated.

There are several. Read chapter 12 of the user manual. It includes a
multiprocessing example. Some useful functions:

mp:make-process-lock
mp:with-process-lock
mp:process-wait

Leon.