From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Terminal and Lisp
Hi,

does anybody know of Lisp code that
allows to display a user interface
using normal terminald (VT100 and above)?
Input fields, masks, dialogs, ...?

Greetings,

Rainer Joswig

From: Klaus Schilling
Subject: Re: Terminal and Lisp
······@lavielle.com (Rainer Joswig) writes:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody know of Lisp code that
> allows to display a user interface
> using normal terminald (VT100 and above)?
> Input fields, masks, dialogs, ...?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Rainer Joswig

The lisp implementation 'clisp' comes with stdwin , which allows some vt100
manipulation stuff when linked with termcap instead of X lib. (stdwin is
better known in connection with python , because they come from the same
working group.)

The scheme implementation 'scm' comes with a curses module, which of course
would allow to implement dialogs et al.

I'm about writing some vt100 widget set for Guile, another scheme implemen-
tation, based on ncurses and maybe either cdialog, cdk or libXterminal.

In all Lisp implementations that come with a decent C interface there is a way
 to implement something in that direction, just not a standard.

Or is the question to do all that without interfacing system libraries written
in C?

Klaus Schilling
From: Travis C. Porco
Subject: TK (was Re: Terminal and Lisp)
In article <··············@ivm.de>,
Klaus Schilling  <···············@home.ivm.de> wrote:
>······@lavielle.com (Rainer Joswig) writes:

>The lisp implementation 'clisp' comes with stdwin , which allows some vt100
>manipulation stuff when linked with termcap instead of X lib. (stdwin is
>better known in connection with python , because they come from the same
>working group.)

>The scheme implementation 'scm' comes with a curses module, which of course
>would allow to implement dialogs et al.

>I'm about writing some vt100 widget set for Guile, another scheme implemen-
>tation, based on ncurses and maybe either cdialog, cdk or libXterminal.

>In all Lisp implementations that come with a decent C interface there is a way
> to implement something in that direction, just not a standard.

>Or is the question to do all that without interfacing system libraries written
>in C?

A related question.
There used to be a scheme-Tk, didn't there?  Is there a set of Tk bindings
for Common Lisp?

--
Travis      **standard disclaimers apply**
"Their real problem was that they assumed themselves able to formulate
From: Kent M Pitman
······@lavielle.com (Rainer Joswig) writes:

> does anybody know of Lisp code that
> allows to display a user interface
> using normal terminald (VT100 and above)?
> Input fields, masks, dialogs, ...?

CL-HTTP + Linx? ;-)