From: ·······@jhu.edu
Subject: Mac Implementations of LISP
Does anyone know of any Macintosh implementations of LISP, free or
commercial?  Thanks in advance.
John DeSanto

From: Christian Nybø
Subject: Re: Mac Implementations of LISP
·······@jhu.edu writes:

> Does anyone know of any Macintosh implementations of LISP, free or
> commercial?  Thanks in advance.

There's Macintosh Common Lisp, a commercial implementation available
from <URL:http://www.digitool.com/>.  It's available both for m68K and
PPC processors, and quite affordable.
--
chr
From: Lyman S. Taylor
In article <··································@news.jhu.edu>,
 <·······@jhu.edu> wrote:

>Does anyone know of any Macintosh implementations of LISP, free or
>commercial?  Thanks in advance.
>John DeSanto

For common lisp...

   www.digitool.com      Macintosh Common Lisp.  Commericial. Demo copy off
                                                    the web, and edu price.

   power lisp           shareware.
        ftp.cs.cmu.edu:/user/ai/lang/lisp/impl/powerlsp/v1_10/powerlsp.hqx

 Other FAQS about implementations et. al.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/ai/html/faqs/lang/lisp/part4/faq.html

--

Lyman S. Taylor           "Computers are too reliable to replace
(·····@cc.gatech.edu)     	 humans effectively."
From: Rainer Joswig

See for more info on Macintosh Common Lisp: http://www.digitool.com/ .
From: Chuck Fry
In article <··································@news.jhu.edu>,
 <·······@jhu.edu> wrote:
>Does anyone know of any Macintosh implementations of LISP, free or
>commercial?  Thanks in advance.
>John DeSanto

This is a FAQ...

First is Macintosh Common Lisp by Digitool, a very nicely integrated
commercial Common Lisp implementation.  See:
 http://www.digitool.com/

I own a copy of MCL, and several of my colleagues use it for all their
work.

Second is PowerLisp, a shareware implementation by Roger Corman.  See:
 http://www.crl.com/~rgcorman/PowerLisp/PowerLisp.html

Both MCL and PowerLisp compile to native code on both PowerPC and 68K
platforms.

I'm not currently aware of any free CL implementations for Mac.

There are a couple of Scheme implementations for Power Mac, notably
MacGambit, but I don't have current information on those.  See the
comp.lang.scheme FAQ.
 -- Chuck
--
	    Chuck Fry -- Jack of all trades, master of none
 ······@chucko.com (text only please)  ········@home.com (MIME enabled)