From: Xuewu Cai
Subject: Can I find free Lisp for Win95?
Hi,

    Can I find some free version of Lisp for Win95 on Internet?

Thx

Xuewu Cai
···@cs.umbc.edu

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: Can I find free Lisp for Win95?
Xuewu Cai <···@cs.umbc.edu> asked:

>    Can I find some free version of Lisp for Win95 on Internet?

Sure. One of them is CLISP. Win95 binaries are at
ftp://ftp2.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/win32/
and the home page is at http://clisp.cons.org/~haible/clisp.html .

Bruno <······@clisp.cons.org>
From: Gary Warren King
Harlequin (http://www.harlequin.com) has FreeLisp
and Franz (http://www.franz.com) has a trial
version of Allegro CL...

--
Gary Warren King
DesignSystems (http://www.dsgnsystms.com/)
From: Rabbe Fogelholm
Looking for a lightweight implementation of Common Lisp for Win95 I
tried FreeLisp today. However, I was surprised that one of my
programs, known to compile and execute cleanly under CMU Common Lisp
17f, did not pass compilation by FreeLisp. It seemed that the compile-
time problem had something to do with (dolist ... ) forms; when I
renamed all occurrences of dolist into `mdolist' and supplied a macro
of my own writing for mdolist compilation and execution succeded.

By any chance, has anyone experienced similar problems with FreeLisp?

--Rabbe Fogelholm, Ellemtel, Stockholm, Sweden

From: Bill Pase
Yup, I had to replace DO for some code I was running.  Otherwise I'm pretty
impressed, and it's Free(Lisp)!!!

/bill
From: Rabbe Fogelholm
In article <····················@news.magma.ca>, ····@magma.ca says...
> Yup, I had to replace DO for some code I was running.  Otherwise I'm pretty
> impressed, and it's Free(Lisp)!!!
>
> /bill

Still, it is rather disappointing to find that `dolist' and possibly
other macros are broken. On my machine I seem to have a file
FreeLisp\Modules\Patches\patch12.fsl, dated 5th February, 1996.

I typed 'freelisp' into AltaVista and tried to look for any Freelisp
resources--I imagined that the dolist problem should have been noticed
and fixed by other users many times over. However, I didn't find
anything useful.

Maybe this just goes to illustrate the old saying, "there is no such
thing as a free lunch" :-)

--Rabbe Fogelholm, Ellemtel, Stockholm, Sweden
From: ···············@ellemtel.se
Good news, Harlequin sent me the #16 patch for FreeLisp, which cured
the `dolist' problem.

--Rabbe Fogelholm, www.pcs.ellemtel.net/~eubrafo