From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Disk storage with CL?
I'd like to fool around with CL a bit.  I've installed CMU-CL on
Linux.  Pretty much everything I do has to do with storing large
amounts (if 1GB counts as a large amount for you) of simply-structured
data.  I'd like a way to store this on disk in a meaningful way, with
a B-tree access method or something similar.

A CL interface to Berkeley DB would be wonderful, but a CL interface
to Postgres or MySQL or miniSQL might also be nice.

I think you can gather from my description that I'd like to use
inexpensive software -- as I said I'd just like to fool around a bit
to see if I like CL for what I do.  Perl is giving me the creeps,
somehow :-)

kai
--
Really cancel?   [OK]  [Cancel]
From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: Disk storage with CL?
Kai Grossjohann <···········@ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> A CL interface to Berkeley DB would be wonderful, but a CL interface
> to Postgres or MySQL or miniSQL might also be nice.

Someone posted an interface for CMUCL to PostgreSQL via libpq.  You
can find it in the mail archives on www.cons.org.

Ray