From: james anderson
Subject: closures as method functions
greetings,

a question has arisen in the context of mcl, concerning the use of
closures as method functions.
in particular, it would appear that the implementation does not allow
it. (do note, i'm still looking, but i've yet to figure out how:
functions are fine, closures are not)

could someone with mop experience tell me if there is some reason for
this. i know, these are objects i'm working with here, so the question
may occur to some "what does he want to do with closures?", but set that
aside for a second.
is there some reason the clos design would want to preclude that?

thanks, bye,
From: Gerald Smith
Subject: Re: closures as method functions
My knee-jerk opinion why closures refuse to work in CLOS is because
CLOS itself is implemented as macros, so there may be a problem with
"scope" or "extent" concerns.

Have you tried bypassing the regular CLOS macros, and inject your
closure methods into your program using "regular" Lisp.

Just a suggestion, FWIW.