From: Cokey Ng
Subject: OOP in Common-lisp
 If I define a method of a class using defmethod, can I call it in the class
definition ?

I have done this, but it seems that the complier cannot regonize it!
--
Cokey Ng & Super Idoland
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: Re: OOP in Common-lisp
Cokey Ng <·····@skyinternet.ca> writes:

> If I define a method of a class using defmethod, can I call it in
> the class definition ?  I have done this, but it seems that the
> complier cannot regonize it!

To get a useful answer to this, it would probably help if you include
in your mail here a small example of a class and method definition
such as you describe, along with the text of the compiler warning and
the name of the Common Lisp implementation you are using.
From: Ken Tilton
Cokey Ng wrote:

>  If I define a method of a class using defmethod, can I call it in the class
> definition ?
>
> I have done this, but it seems that the complier cannot regonize it!

Could you post a minimal code sample along with the error you get? I ask
because a couple of things in your query puzzle me, and I find a
specific code sample eliminates a lot of confusion.

Cheers,

   Ken