From: Guy Hall
Subject: Help with Interleaf Lisp
Hi all,

I don't know if these are the right newsgroup but they're close
enough.

I'm having a few difficulties with Interleaf Lisp as follows:

1)  In Interleaf Lisp on V5.* mid:search and mid:replace were methods
    of doc-text-editor-class (*text-editor*).  In V6.* they seem to
    have gone as when I try (tell *text-editor* mid:search) it replies
    with the following error:

      Error: Obj - Object does not handle message:
      #<obj-message mid:search> in: (tell *text-editor* mid:search)

    What are mid:search and mid:replace a method of now ?

2)  I've got a Lisp routine that unifies table and table row properties
    as specified by the user.  One option is to unify the column widths.
    There is a problem though, the column widths of a table are stored
    as an 'alist' in the table properties as :column-props. This
alist         contains an entry for each column in the table and each of
these
    entries is itself a list containing three integer values; fixed,
    proportional and actual.  I want to set the fixed value, easy, only
    the actual value is a read only property so I can't set the column
    properties with my values - totally mad !!!

    Any clues ?

If anyone can help, or knows of any other newsgroups/websites or wishes
to exchange Interleaf Lisp functions please let me know.

TIA, SpLiT.
--

| Guy Hall (SpLiT)               | email: ········@gecm.com.no.spam |