From: Chris Cox
Subject: SML Programming Compeition Rule/Deadline Changes
Harlequin would like to announce an extension to the SML Programming
Competition deadline to the 30th November, 1997.

This is to provide further time for new students to participate, and to
take advantage of the new Student Edition of MLWorks which is available for
only $99.
For details of the competition or new offer please visit
http://www.harlequin.com/products/ads/ml/ml.html
or ·············@harlequin.co.uk.

The copyright issue seems to be of concern to a number of people, and
so we would like to relax the rules on this point.  Submissions must
be put in the public domain by contestents so that the code can be
freely copied and used by others.

I would like to stress that we have no ulterior motive regarding the
use of the code, other than to promote the awareness and knowledge of
Harlequin and SML.  Those of a doubting persuasion may wish to visit
our web site and avail themselves of the free online SML tutorial
commissioned by Harlequin, and developed by Stephen Gilmore of
Edinburgh University.

Regards

Chris Cox,  SP Product Marketing, Web:www.harlequin.co.uk,
Tel: +44 (0) 1954 785484, Fax: +44 (0) 1954 785444
Harlequin Ltd, Longstanton House, Woodside, Longstanton, Cambridge, CB4 5BU