From: Paul A. Landes
Subject: Emacs environment with CLisp
Does anyone know how to incorporate the CLisp environment into Xemacs?
I like the environment in CLisp fine because it is much like emacs, but
I prefer using Xemacs for a variety of reasons.

Also, Does anyone know how to generate stand alone binaries with
CLisp?  I have tried (compile ...) and the command line switch, but
this just generates .fas files (lisp bit streams).

Thanks.

_______________________
Paul Landes
······@jove.acs.unt.edu
From: William Paul Vrotney
Subject: Re: Emacs environment with CLisp
In article <··········@hermes.acs.unt.edu> ······@jove.acs.unt.edu (Paul A. Landes) writes:

> Does anyone know how to incorporate the CLisp environment into Xemacs?
> I like the environment in CLisp fine because it is much like emacs, but
> I prefer using Xemacs for a variety of reasons.
>
> Also, Does anyone know how to generate stand alone binaries with
> CLisp?  I have tried (compile ...) and the command line switch, but
> this just generates .fas files (lisp bit streams).

Yes.  You can run any Lisp with an executable by setting the Emacs variable

        inferior-lisp-program

to your Lisp executable, for example in your ~/.emacs

        (setq inferior-lisp-program "clisp")

and then you can run that Lisp with

        M-x run-lisp

you will get a Lisp buffer that when you enter an s-expression gets sent to
the Lisp you specify in the variable above.

--

William P. Vrotney - ·······@netcom.com