From: Eric Taylor
Subject: PC Common LISP
I have a Common Lisp program written on the MacIntosh that I would
like to port to Common Lisp on the PC.  I do not need a development
environment.  I simply need a compiler.

I will be needing to create a "DLL" from this LISP code that is "C"
callable.

Can someone recommend the cheapest solution?

Thanx,
Eric Taylor
······@us.itmasters.com

From: Howard R. Stearns
Subject: Re: PC Common LISP
Eric Taylor wrote:

> I have a Common Lisp program written on the MacIntosh that I would
> like to port to Common Lisp on the PC.  I do not need a development
> environment.  I simply need a compiler.
>
> I will be needing to create a "DLL" from this LISP code that is "C"
> callable.
>
> Can someone recommend the cheapest solution?
>
> Thanx,
> Eric Taylor
> ······@us.itmasters.com

You might want to check out Eclipse Common Lisp.  It compiles ANSI
Common Lisp to C, which is then linked to a library.  The compilation
and library are constructed such that each Lisp function (in user code
or the library) has a corresponding C function that can be called
directly by C code, using normal argument passing conventions.  In
addition, Lisp data can be held in C variables, on the C stack, etc.,
without fear of having the data move or disappear.

Although not yet supported on the PC, it does come with complete C
source which should be portable to Win32.

If, for some reason, this is not what you want, (or you just want to
encourage us to support various Windows platforms) please let us know
what we need to work on by contacting us directly or filling out the
feedback form at:
   http://www.elwood.com/eclipse-info/feedback.htm

   Howard R. Stearns, Product Director for Eclipse
   http://www.elwood.com/eclipse-info/index.htm
From: Bruce Tobin
Eric Taylor wrote:

> I have a Common Lisp program written on the MacIntosh that I would
> like to port to Common Lisp on the PC.  I do not need a development
> environment.  I simply need a compiler.

 No problem.

> I will be needing to create a "DLL" from this LISP code that is "C"
> callable.

 Oops.