From: Bill House
Subject: Re: Why learn LISP?
Andrew Criswell <····@ksc15.th.com> wrote in article
<················@news.ksc.co.th>...

>[snip]
>
> So, I hope someone can convince me otherwise. To my casual eye, the
> programme is eloquent. Is it something to be studied for its internal
> beauty and nothing more?

Lisp is an excellent language for certain application domains. In particular,
areas such as machine learning, deductive databases, language design and
implementation, etc.  I have worked on one Lisp application that has a 3-year
track record of making stock picks that outperform the S&P 100, as well as most
money managers (yet, it's a balanced fund). See http://www.korns.com for more
info on a real-world Lisp application that produces something a great deal more
negotiable than beauty.

Bill House
--
http://www.housewebs.com
Note: My e-mail address has been altered to confuse spambots