From: Frank A. Adrian
Subject: CLFP no more...
 I noticed while getting the mail yesterday that that SIGPLAN
has renamed the old "Conference on Lisp and Functional
Programming" to, simply, "Conference on Functional Programming".

Have the ML'ers won, or is this another example of Lisp, once
its usefulness has been served being shuffled off to the wings until
again it is needed to perform its syntactically extensible, source
transforming, and generally forward looking function in showing
the way forward in advanced language design?

In any case, they should have kept the name to remind people
where this stuff all began...

--
Frank A. Adrian
First DataBank

············@firstdatabank.com (W)
······@europa.com (H)

This message does not necessarily reflect those of my employer,
its parent company, or any of the co-subsidiaries of the parent
company.