From: John Atwood
Subject: Predicate types vs Partition types, was: Will Java kill Lisp?
Shriram Krishnamurthi <·······@africa.cs.rice.edu> wrote:
 - Java has firmly committed itself to a partitioned-type view of the
 world.  If it wants to do this, it should at least provide better
 typing facilities.  (Pizza does, to be sure; it works well for many
 programs.)  But there is also great power (for those who know how to
 wield it) in the predicate-typed paradigm.  Raw Java is currently in
 the worst possible spot: it has neither predicate typing nor a good
 partitioned type system.

Where can I read about Partition vs. Predicate types?

Thanks,

John Atwood

--
--Office phone: 541-737-5583 (Batcheller 349) home: 757-8772
  Office mail:  303 Dearborn Hall, OSU, Corvallis, OR  97331