From: Marc Wachowitz
Subject: Re: Lisp interpreter for Linux
Lawrence Troxler <··@westnet.com> wrote:
> In comp.lang.lisp Marc Wachowitz <··@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de> wrote:
> : For Common Lisp on Linux, I'd say CMU CL is the way to go, unless you've
> : got serious problems with it (e.g. not enough bandwidth to get it, or
> : insufficient main memory).

> Why do you recommend this over Allegro Common Lisp?

As long as a free system with source code, with sufficient quality,
is available, I'll use that. I trust you'll understand the various
advantages and disadvantages. If you don't care about this, or one
of the commercial systems (including versions which are available
without payment) fits your interests better, go for it. It's nothing
I'd like to start yet another silly flame war about ;-)

-- Marc Wachowitz <··@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de>