From: Marcus Kesseler
Subject: Allegro CL for Windows interface to Oracle?
Hi,

has anybody ever heard of a direct interface from Allegro Common Lisp
for Windows to Oracle (7.3)?

We currently have ACL4W applications running fine with Microsoft Access
interfaced via ODBC. The problem is we now need to switch to Oracle and
I have heard horrible rumours about the bad stability of the Oracle ODBC
implementation.

So, for reasons of performance and stability, I'd rather use a DLL via
foreign function interface (FFI). We already have successfully built
interfaces to several DLLs with the ACL4W FFI.

Any pointers welcome.

Thank you,

Marcus