From: Zellyn Hunter
Subject: Lisp Server
Hi, I'm trying to write a program in Lisp that will do the following:

Listen on a port.
When a connection is received, pull in some lisp code.
Run the code, which needs to be able to communicate back and forth
  over the socket it came in on.
Run several such connections at the same time.

I figure everything I need to know is somewhere in the CL-HTTP
sources, but I was wondering if anyone had pointers to a skeleton
version.  I'm using ACL 4.3 for Linux.

Thanks,

Zellyn

--
                   ,db.  ,db.  "For You knit me together in my mother's
  _,o88b.          8'`8  8'`8   womb.  I praise You because I am fearfully

From: dan corkill
Subject: Re: Lisp Server
In article <··········@solaria.cc.gatech.edu>,
Zellyn Hunter <······@cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>Hi, I'm trying to write a program in Lisp that will do the following:
>
>Listen on a port.
>When a connection is received, pull in some lisp code.
>Run the code, which needs to be able to communicate back and forth
>  over the socket it came in on.
>Run several such connections at the same time.
>
>I figure everything I need to know is somewhere in the CL-HTTP
>sources, but I was wondering if anyone had pointers to a skeleton
>version.  I'm using ACL 4.3 for Linux.

If you'd rather not build it yourself, you might want to look at
Blackboard Technology's NetEval tool
(http://www.bbtech.com/Neteval.html).  NetEval does all that you
want and is available for ACL 4.3/Linux.

-- Dan
From: Robin Frost
dan corkill wrote:

> In article <··········@solaria.cc.gatech.edu>,
> Zellyn Hunter <······@cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> >Hi, I'm trying to write a program in Lisp that will do the following:
> >
> >Listen on a port.
> >When a connection is received, pull in some lisp code.
> >Run the code, which needs to be able to communicate back and forth
> >  over the socket it came in on.
> >Run several such connections at the same time.
> >
> >I figure everything I need to know is somewhere in the CL-HTTP
> >sources, but I was wondering if anyone had pointers to a skeleton
> >version.  I'm using ACL 4.3 for Linux.

Dan, Take a look at ther tutorials on Franz's website - they build a
skeleton webserver that can return dynamic results. It was for ACL, so I
expect it will help you.

Regards,

Robin Frost
Frost Medical Software bv