From: Andrew Lucas Mason
Subject: Problems with for loops in gcl
Hi,

    I am having problems using for, as, and do loops within gcl (and
ibcl and kcl also..).  Whenever I use on of those loop constructs, gcl
gives me the error message:

Error: The variable FOR is unbound.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by LOOP.
Broken at LOOP.  Type :H for Help.

    Do I need to load some kind of (macro) library?  Or is this some
kind of problem inherent to gcl here on my machine (Alpha)?  I don't
believe that is the problem, because I receive the same errors when I
try using for loops in ibcl and kcl on MIPS machines also.

    Any insight into fixing this problem would be GREATLY appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Andy
    ·······@wpi.edu