From: Ken'ichi Unnai
Subject: Elisp--Remove a trailing NULL char?
Good to see you everyone,
   I'd like to ask you about emacs lisp programming.
    How can I remove the trailing NULL char , appended at the end of
string,
    like the way perl's function ,
                     chop($string);
    ?
    I'm coding the network program in e-lisp, and I found something was
going wrong.
    It seems the trailing NULL char ,which is appended to the string
causes the problem.
    I tried
                 (setq str (substring  str 0  -1 ) )
    but the NULL char prevents me from remove it!
    How can  I remove this trailing damn NULL char ?

Please somebody helps me! :-(
Thank you very much in advance.

                    Ken'ichi Unnai   $JPN= ····@Fb(B $B7r0l(B
                            ·····@xanadu.net
         Environmental Information Department, Keio University,Japan
                    http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~t95129ku
   "For knowledge, freedom, and a better world
                                        yet to come out of computerdom."