From: "S.C.Bell
Subject: LISP to C convertor
Hello

I was wondering if anyone has experince in converting LISP code to C.

I have obtained CLICC V.0.6.4 from

ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-kiel.de/pub/kiel/apply/

and have tried using it in association with CLISP "August 1993" (Bruno
Haible & Michael Stoll) on a DEC Alpha running OSF/1 V3.2.

Unfortunately I can not seem to get them to work together in order to
produce a runable executable. Any executable I have managed to generate
so far has core dumped.

I would appreciate greatly if anyone with experience in using CLICC to
generate C code could help me overcome this stumbling block.

Best Regards

Stewart Bell

·······@strath.ac.uk

From: Howard R. Stearns
Subject: Re: LISP to C convertor
You might want to consider the Eclipse Common Lisp system (made by the
company I work for).

Eclipse includes a C library, C garbage collector, etc. so that C
programs can call Lisp utiltities directly, and the COMPILE-FILE
function can be used to convert arbitrary ANSI Common Lisp source code
to human-readable C which uses the library.

  See http://www.elwood.com/eclipse-info/index.htm

Two major distinctions between Eclipse and CLiCC are:

  1. Eclipse supports ALL of ANSI Common Lisp, plus the full MetaObject
Protocol (MOP), while CLiCC operates on a subset of Lisp.

  2. Eclipse is a moderately priced ($300 currently) commercially
supported product, while CLiCC is freely available work from ongoing
university research.

From: Jong-won Choi
Do you need only "standalone excutables"? Then how about Bigloo an
implementation of Scheme? I use Bigloo when I need to generate
standalone excutables.

Regards,

Jong-won Choi