From: Pierpaolo Bernardi
Subject: Re: Book Review: _Object-Oriented Common LISP_, by S. Slade
John Watton (···········@alcoa.com) wrote:
: I've been waiting for Stephen Slade's book _Object-Oriented Common
: LISP_ (Prentice-Hall 1998?, 774 pg., $48) for some time with
: anticipation. The new computing books are solidly dominated by those
: with Java in the titles (at least the C++ craze is waning) and a new
: lisp book is an anomaly worth noting. I expect a lot considering that
: the last three lisp books - Paul Graham's _ANSI Common Lisp_
: (Prentice-Hall 1996, 432 pg., $42), his _On Lisp_ (Prentice-Hall 1994,
: 413 pg., $42), and Peter Norvig's _Paradigms of Artificial
: Intelligence Programming: Case Studies in Common Lisp_ (Morgan
: Kaufmann 1992, 946 pg., $52) are such wonderful treasures.

To the list of recent outstanding Lisp books, I'd add
_Lisp in Small Pieces_ by Christian Queinnec, Cambridge U. Press.