From: Roel Sergeant
Subject: Which LISP for Linux
Hi,

A simple question, at least I think.

Which are the LISP variants for Linux, and which one is best and were do
I get it?

Thanks for the time,
Roel.

From: Don Geddis
Subject: Re: Which LISP for Linux
On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 21:22:14 +0100, Roel Sergeant <·············@ping.be> wrote:
> Which are the LISP variants for Linux, and which one is best and were do
> I get it?

Franz has ported their fabulous commercial Allegro Common Lisp to the Linux
platform.  It's available for free.  See their web site (www.franz.com).

	-- Don
--
Don Geddis             ······@Tesserae.COM          http://geddis.tesserae.com/
I'd like to see a nature film where an eagle swoops down and pulls a fish out
From: Steve Austin
On 27 Nov 1997 00:32:47 GMT, Don Geddis <······@meta.Tesserae.COM> wrote:

>Franz has ported their fabulous commercial Allegro Common Lisp to the Linux
>platform.  It's available for free.  See their web site (www.franz.com).

Doesn't the licence expire soon, or have Franz changed this? I can't find
anything on their website about it.

Steve Austin                                   Powered by Linux since 1995
············@bigfoot.com                                     RedHat 2.0.18
               Fight Spam - Join CAUCE - http://www.cauce.org
From: Lawrence Troxler
Steve Austin <············@bigfoot.com> wrote:
: On 27 Nov 1997 00:32:47 GMT, Don Geddis <······@meta.Tesserae.COM> wrote:
: >
: >Franz has ported their fabulous commercial Allegro Common Lisp to the Linux
: >platform.  It's available for free.  See their web site (www.franz.com).

: Doesn't the licence expire soon, or have Franz changed this? I can't find
: anything on their website about it.

According to email from them, they plan to extend the license, and said
that there will be an announcement on their web-site soon.

Larry

--  Larry Troxler  --  ··@westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --

From: Marco Antoniotti
········@tvi.cc.nm.us (Gavin E. Gleason) writes:

> Don't forget CMU-CL, although not full ANSI, last I checked it is a
> very nice environment for free (no limitations on time etc...)
> You can find a link to it at www.cons.org.

Way, way, way, closer to ANSI than GCL!  And I do not think ACL is any
closer than CMUCL (for what that means).

--
Marco Antoniotti
California Path Program - UC Berkeley