From: ·······@erols.com
Subject: Streaming
I'm a relative newcomer to LISP and was trying to figure out how
streams, ie how to stream data/lists to an output file and then
retrieve. I have one LISP book, but it does not deal with this
subject. What would be a good resource for this type of thing? Also
where can you get CMU Common Lisp. I can't seem to log on their
server. Thanks in advance.

·······@erols.com
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Streaming
In article <················@news.erols.com>,  <·······@erols.com> wrote:
>I'm a relative newcomer to LISP and was trying to figure out how
>streams, ie how to stream data/lists to an output file and then
>retrieve.

Use WITH-OPEN-FILE to open a stream to a file, and then use PRINT and READ
to write and read objects in the file.  They're described in CLtL.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
Support the anti-spam movement; see <http://www.cauce.org/>