From: Richard Demanowski
Subject: gcl info problems
I've gotten gcl made and installed, and it seems to work fine, but I can't
access any of the info/texinfo files.  Anytime I try to "info gcl" "info
gcl-si" or "info gcl-tk" like it sais on the man page, all I get is the
default info startup screen.  (I'm using RedHat Linux (kernel 2.0.30))

The make and make install went fine, the info pages exist in
/usr/local/gcl-2.2.2/info, /usr/local/lib/gcl-2.2.2/info and I've tried
copying them to /usr/info and /usr/local/info and nothing helps.

I'm not getting a response from the ···········@cli.com or the ···@cli.com
email addresses referenced in the README.

How do I make the info pages work?

Thank you for your time.
RichD
--
········@wasatch.com                            finger for PGP public key
                  http://www.wasatch.com/~rdemanow/
From: Richard Demanowski
Subject: Re: gcl info problems
I'm running gcl 2.2.2 on a P120 Linux (RedHat -- kernel 2.0.30) box, and
I can't get the info files to work.

When I try to run the makefile in the gcl-2.2.2/info directory I get the
following error messages:

····@ShubNigurath /usr/local/gcl-2.2.2/info$make all
rm -f gcl-tk.*gz
makeinfo gcl-tk.texi
Making info file `gcl-tk.info' from `gcl-tk.texi'.
./widgets.texi:3563: itemize requires an argument: the formatter for @item.
make: *** [gcl-tk.info] Error 2

If I try the make again I get:

····@ShubNigurath /usr/local/gcl-2.2.2/info$make all
rm -f gcl-si.*gz
makeinfo gcl-si.texi
Making info file `gcl-si.info' from `gcl-si.texi'.
./number.texi:356: Unknown command `defutquioja'.
./number.texi:362: Unmatched ·@end'.
./form.texi:48: itemize requires an argument: the formatter for @item.
./system.texi:288: itemize requires an argument: the formatter for @item.
./system.texi:292: itemize requires an argument: the formatter for @item.
./debug.texi:90: itemize requires an argument: the formatter for @item.
make: *** [gcl-si.info] Error 2

If I try the make again it sais there's nothing to do for all.
If I rm *.info* the cycle begins again.  I just can't get these info files
made.  Can someone please help me with this?

RichD