From: ·······@erols.com
Subject: Streams (help for a beginner)
So far I have made a program that allows the user to define the
characterstics of a 'ship' used in a board game I want to simplify.
Basically through using a basic read function and mapcar# I get the user
to define a list containing the statistics, named for the name of the
ship. I want the user to be able to 'reload' previously defined ships
between sessions. I have tried to use open-with w/ :output, but can't
get it to work. I have a book on LISP but it is woefully inadequate in
this field. I think a stream might be the answer but how would I
implement this? Any help would be greatly appreciated; you guys already
were a big help with a previous problem. Also, I'm working on an old
NeXTstation and want to port my program to the pc; basically all I need
is a compiler for the pc. Any suggestions? I'm using CLISP on the NeXT.

········@erols.com