From: Robert D Corstanje
Subject: Common Lisp for win95?
Hello!

Seeing as Linux is annoying me, I thought I might go back to the direct
approach....

Does anyone know of a common lisp interpreter that runs on win95 or dos?  I
just did a quick search on the net, but keep comming up with unix/linux
stuff.

thanks!

-rob

From: Christopher DuPuis
Subject: Re: Common Lisp for win95?
In article <··························@rdc>,
Robert D Corstanje  <···@acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:
>Does anyone know of a common lisp interpreter that runs on win95 or dos?  I
>just did a quick search on the net, but keep comming up with unix/linux
>stuff.

Sure, try Harlequin's FreeLisp. Their website is www.harlequin.com, and
you can follow the pointers from there. Alternatively, Franz has a free
version of Allegro Common Lisp, which I haven't tried. www.franz.com
is the place to look for that.

-Chris
From: Donald Fisk
Christopher DuPuis wrote:
> In article <··························@rdc>,
> Robert D Corstanje  <···@acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:
> >Does anyone know of a common lisp interpreter that runs on win95 or dos?  I
> >just did a quick search on the net, but keep comming up with unix/linux
> >stuff.
>
> Sure, try Harlequin's FreeLisp. Their website is www.harlequin.com, and
> you can follow the pointers from there. Alternatively, Franz has a free
> version of Allegro Common Lisp, which I haven't tried. www.franz.com
> is the place to look for that.

I used to use this at home, but it garbage-collected about every
other keystroke (I only have 8 meg of RAM).   I gave up using it
and now use XLispStat instead.   It's not exactly Common Lisp
though, but it's close enough for most purposes.

Last time I looked, the free version of Allegro CL required 16Meg.

--
Le Hibou (mo bheachd fhe/in: my own opinion)
"What the ... This is Lambic!   Where's my culture of amoebic
From: Bill
On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:22:09 +0000, Donald Fisk
<···········@bt-sys.bt.spamblock.co.uk> wrote:

>I used to use this at home, but it garbage-collected about every
>other keystroke (I only have 8 meg of RAM).   I gave up using it

RAM is about $3/ Mb.  Maybe you could make a sign that says "Will hack
Lisp for $" and see if you can bum a few megabytes from embarassed VB
programmers  :-)
From: Donald Fisk
·······@cat.bbsr.edu (Bill) wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:22:09 +0000, Donald Fisk
><···········@bt-sys.bt.spamblock.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>I used to use this at home, but it garbage-collected about every
>>other keystroke (I only have 8 meg of RAM).   I gave up using it

>RAM is about $3/ Mb.  Maybe you could make a sign that says "Will hack
>Lisp for $" and see if you can bum a few megabytes from embarassed VB
>programmers  :-)

Might try that.   All this time I've been programming in Lisp for
food.

Le Hibou http://homepages.enterprise.net/hibou/
From: Andreas Gustafsson
Robert D Corstanje <···@acsu.buffalo.edu> writes:

>Hello!

>Seeing as Linux is annoying me, I thought I might go back to the direct
>approach....

>Does anyone know of a common lisp interpreter that runs on win95 or dos?  I
>just did a quick search on the net, but keep comming up with unix/linux
>stuff.

try CLisp. It doesn't run without some DPMI extender, but I seems to be OK otherwise.
If it's a good Common Lisp, I don't know...
at least it works for my arithmetic problems... :-)

It really seems to be lacking any good free Lisp with a windows native enviroment
using windows and menus. I guess windows fans uses Visual Basic instead... :-(

/andreas
····@update.uu.se