From: Wheeler Ruml
Subject: Utility code available
I've made some Lisp utilities available at:

http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~ruml/papers-and-code.html

in case anyone would like to try them.  Functions which might be
useful to many people include

  * fast character input (using the ANSI READ-SEQUENCE for
    portability) (fast-io.lisp)
  * fast double-float parsing (parse-nums.lisp)
  * Knuth's subtractive random number generator (21% of the time of
    ACL's built-in (RANDOM 1.0s0) function) (random.lisp)

The functions which are optimized are optimized for Allegro Common
Lisp for HP - more specific declarations may be necessary for other
compilers.

I make this code available on the condition that you let me know if
you find bugs or make improvements.  Some of the code is only slightly
tuned from versions in cl-lib or the CMU repository - I've tried to
give credit but I apologize in advance if I have been lax in places.
If you know of better implementations of any of this functionality,
please let me know!

Thanks,

Wheeler

PS - Please send any feedback via email as I don't read news often.
--
Wheeler Ruml, Aiken 220, ยทยทยทยท@eecs.harvard.edu, (617) 495-9516 (voice)
http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~ruml/              (617) 496-1066 (fax)